ESSENTIALS TO MAINTAINING A STRONG
FAITH WORK AND LIFE’S OBJECTIVE IN 2017
Wisdom builds her house series.
By Isaiah-Phillips Akintola
Here are the rest essentials we need to either remind ourselves or build within the spiritual template of our being as we move further in fulfilling our various missions and life objectives. These are not exhaustive in themselves, however, but they give us some of the guidelines into the foundation that keeps our focus and objective in harmony with the character consistency for a successful developmental journey.
Here’s our foundational scripture again.
28“Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won’t you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?
29For if you lay the foundation and are not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule you, 30saying, ‘This person began to build and wasn’t able to finish.
Highlighted points to consider:
- Desire and pursue to be a person of integrity. Learn to practice keeping your words and promise. Never promise what you will not keep. Always stand by your promise even to your own hurt. Let your yes be yes, and your no be no. The lack of integrity devalues you and your relationship with people, even if you’re a person of great wisdom and revelation. If I cannot trust your promise, you have no voice or message to offer.
- Daily make it a conscious priority to practice killing the spirit of covetousness, and the manipulation of others to force them to do things for you, for this is witchcraft in operation.
- Be quick to repent of a known, revealed sin, and daily ask the Holy Spirit to reveal any hidden sin in your life so there’s no hindrance between you and your Heavenly Father.
- Practice blessing people around you with good, motivational, encouraging words even in days you may not feel like doing it. Remember, goodness is not the act of feeling. It is the attitude of love and care. Beyond this, seek to bless others with financial or material substance, especially if you live in an environment where such practice is uncommon. Gain full mastery over the spirit of materialism and mammon, even as you learn to value money by investing it into things and people that adds value to your work with the father.
- Daily long to pray for your friends, family, colleagues, neighbors, spiritual leaders, and the ministry community you belong. Pray for those in political and business leadership, pray for your nation, and other regions of the globe. Develop the love for the ministry of governmental intercession.
- Make it your priority to quickly ask or receive forgiveness from others.
- Make it your choice and practice to know and develop in the practice of obeying the will of the father for your life. Trust the lord to give you a clear prophetic insight into his agenda for your life, family, ministry, and even for your nation and generation.
- Seek to improve yourself in the core areas of your vision assignment. Don’t give in to procrastination or the fear of insecurity. Be the best in your field of business or Career. Be a true kingdom professional representative wherever you are placed or called to function.
- Be creative and prompt with time. People usually rate and value you by how you spend your time.
- Seek to be a person of insight, wisdom, and rich understanding not just on the issues of time and season, but also in the way you interact with people of other culture or nationality.
- Make it your practice to stay away from people, places and things that may stir your soul to be lustful and carnal.
- Always create an atmosphere that is conducive for you to hear the voice of God, and freely move in the direction of the Spirit. Vigorously pursue the development of the spirit of discernment all the time. Remember, everyone you meet daily are first spiritual being. Therefore, learn to relate and respond to them as one.
- Be in charge of your (money) income regardless of how small or big it may be. Don’t let trend, fashion, the media, and your insecurity determine how you spend your money and other resources. Learn to streamline your income to areas that can add value to your life. invest in assets and not in liability.
- Seek to improve your value in the relationship the father has given to you. Look for ways to add value to people in your life. Don’t use people. Rather invest in their grace, gift, and skill so that they can reach their full potential.
- We all are called into some form of leadership responsibility. As I will regularly say that leadership is first a spiritual state before we recognize its responsibility. You need to continually build your leadership grace, insight, and skill through the various avenues the father has planned for you daily.